As Grade 9 Rep, you will be the voice of your grade. You will help plan school events, represent student voice, and bring new ideas to the table. You will be promoting student involvement and spirit through spirit days, activities, or even just on a day to day basis. Student Council is a great way to get involved in your school community and gain leadership experience. If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to ask someone on SAC! You can also drop by the tuck shop and ask whoever is inside.
Interested? Here's how to apply:
Come out to an info session during period 3 or after school on Thursday October 3rd in room 104A beside Guidance, or pick up an application form from the SAC office if you're interested.
- Each Grade Representative must be enrolled in his/her respective grade as a full time student throughout the year, effective in the year of office.
- Shall represent, seek out and communicate the views and opinions of his/her grade peers during council meetings. Shall also share information regarding council activities with these same peers.
- Shall investigate a common issue by gathering opinions/suggestions from students in his/her respective grade. Each grade rep will report their findings to Student Council by preparing a grade report at the end of each term.
- Shall promote the involvement of grade peers in school events, overall spirit and awareness.
- Shall assist on the Publicity Committee and the Publicity Officers by co-creating banners, as necessary.
- Shall create/update a guide which explains their position on Student Council. The guide should include, but is not limited to: i) Roles and responsibilities; ii) Personal advice; iii) Personal feedback on dance companies, clothing wholesalers, and other contacts; iv) files/templates used (given on a CD/ZIP file, etc.) This will be completed before the Student Council elections as it will serve as a "How-to" guide for potential candidates and successors.
- Shall contribute to SAC as a whole.